One Whole Month

        So here we are a month out from when I started this whole thing! The ‘thank you notes’ have taken some getting used to and I missed a couple nights, but I will say that it does a great job at changing my thought patterns before bed. I will definitely be continuing with that new habit.

This last week I’ve been doing a lot of research on van life. I looked into things like solar power setups, small heating and AC units, and cool setups for those with four-legged van companions.  I am happy to say that I am in the designing stages of things. I’m quite excited about this part. It’s been fun thinking of how all the puzzle pieces will fit and now I'll be putting them down to paper instead of just rolling all these ideas around in my head. I’ve designated a sketchbook just for the purpose of designing and planning and I will share the designs with all of you here. I should have some finished ones for next week’s post. 

In preparation for van life, I have drastically downsized on my belongings. It's quite interesting what you can easily live without and not miss once it’s gone. Cleaning a small space is much easier and more mentally manageable. I don’t know about anyone else, but for me, if I’m already in a dark place and my living space is a disaster, it is quite impossible for me to do anything about it except add to it and become more depressed about the state of things.  Now it takes no time at all to just wipe things down and straighten things up. I’m not perfect at it just yet, but staying tidy is quickly becoming a habit. 


I've been repairing my camera, so stay tuned for some rad-tastic 35mm shots! 

Comments

Popular Posts