My Valentine Across the Rainbow Bridge

Today was supposed to go very differently. Today was suppose to be filled with extra canned food helpings and slices of peanut butter-beef cake. It was supposed to be a day filled with as many treats as could be gobbled up and last day snuggles. This weekend was supposed to be filled with tears good-bye and muzzle kisses. 

Unfortunately, things do not go according to planned and when I got home from work last night Demo was in poor shape. He’s been declining in health for a little over a year now. Started off noticing he couldn’t go for as long of walks and didn’t have as much energy as he once did. This last month was seeing him deteriorate pretty quickly and even though I had been mentally prepping myself for what needed to happen, last night was incredibly difficult. 

Early this morning my little man passed away. When I got home I didn’t know what to do with myself. I couldn’t fall asleep. So I do what I always do when I need to get ahold of my thoughts, I wrote. I wrote Demo a letter and I’m going to share it with you all here.


Demo,

Sweet sweet boy. You are such a good boy. I am so glad and grateful you came into my life. I remember bringing you home and I worried about every little thing. You inspired and surprised me; you never let only having three legs bother you. 

Now you have all your legs and are running over the Rainbow Bridge having a grand time. All the food you could possibly eat. No need for sweaters or diapers. All the dirt holes to lay in. 

Thank you for all the late night cuddles my baby teddy bear. Thank you for all your dopey antics that made me laugh. 


I will love you forever and for always.


Comments

  1. Hope he's showing off his choco nose and his little "ruu" howl to all his new friends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts