A Time of Thanksgiving



        I’ve just finished Jen Sincero’s book “You are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life” this morning and I suggest you all go out and read it. It’s fantastic. She has a chapter on gratitude that I coincidentally reached on the day that we dedicate to being thankful. I enjoyed the chapter so much that I reread it after I finished the book. I realized some glaring faults in myself when it comes to being grateful. I don’t do a very good job at it. I’m quick to take note of the things I don’t have or how things should be instead of being grateful for the abundance I have. This behavior does a great job at keeping me cycling in my depressive state. Now I’m not saying that counting my blessing is going to be the cure-all I needed all this time and that suddenly I will never be depressed again. I’m saying that by putting into practice a state of gratitude may help when I get stuck into bad thought patterns.
There’s a section in the chapter where she mentions to “write your thank you notes”, and she challenges the reader to make a list every night of ten things they are grateful for. So with that, I think I am going to grab one of my many empty notebooks and turn it into a gratitude book. Like a journal, I’ll date it and write what I am grateful for that day. Then in a year around, perhaps around Thanksgiving, open it up and read all the amazingness that is in my life. I think it will be a neat little adventure to have.
I don’t think I’ll throw a gratitude list up here right now as my list this morning is very personal, but I will say that I am grateful for all my family and friends and everyone who’s supported my dreams and aspirations, and loved me unconditionally; you guys are my rockstars. 


In van news, I have decided on a Sprinter and a budget has been made. Nothing super exciting to report in that I have been spending my time online looking for the best van match for myself.  Just keeping my eyes peeled and staying flexible. Once I have the van I’m sure the posts will be more interesting in that regard. 

Comments

Popular Posts